So we realized something today.
Okay, really Jess realized.
And what she realized was this: our call for submissions for Trash is “playwright-centric” in a way that was intended but not really. What we mean to say is that we like to be inventive and think differently about the work we put on stage and we want to encourage inventive submissions from folks that think differently too. So, here are a few addendums to our original call for submissions and a slight extension of the deadline (see the original call for submissions here).
The deadline for submissions is March 15, 2015 and selected playwrights will be notified no later than April 15, 2015.
- Running time of
scriptthe performance piece should be 3-20 minutes
- Work submitted must be entirely the property of the author*
PlaysThe performance piece should need only 1-5 actors (doubling is acceptable)
- Theme of the
playperformance piece should be “trash” or should include physical trash in some way (think of a stage with a huge pile of trash)
Plays Performance pieces must be new works. Adaptations (or any other use of material protected by copyright) must include proof of rights to use source material. Translations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable reader’s fee of $20 must accompany each submission.
Submission guidelines and requirements
PlayPerformance piece must be an original work that has not previously been fully produced. Playsperformance pieces that have had staged readings are eligible. At this time, musicals, TYA scripts, and screenplays will not be accepted.
- Non-traditional pieces are encouraged, including Spoken Word, Songs, Instrumentals, Silent pieces, Dance, Puppetry, and more. Surprise us, shock us, do something different.
ScriptsPerformance pieces should follow the standard professional play format when applicable. All scriptperformance pieces must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Save files as AUTHORCREATOR LAST NAME – PLAYTITLE.pdf. (For example: Miller–The Crucible.pdf)
- No reference to the
authorcreator is permitted in the body of the manuscript – including on the title page.
- Submit electronic entries to: LILAliterary@gmail.com using the subject line: Trash –
- Entry fee of $20 must be received in order for a script to be considered. You will receive an invoice via email after submitting your work. Please submit your payment online via Paypal with invoice or send check to the address below. Your work will not be read or considered until payment is received.
PO Box 5221
Madison, WI 53705
Deadlines and notification
- All entries must be submitted by 5:00 PM Central time, on March 15, 2015.
playwrightsartists will be notified on or before April 15, 2015 by email.