UPDATE: PLEASE SEE THIS POST FOR REVISED RULES AND ELIGIBILITY.
Theatre LILA will begin accepting submissions on December 1, 2014 for an original collaborative work to be produced in Madison, Wisconsin at the Overture Center for the Arts in the fall of 2015. Selected plays will receive full production as part of the project.
The deadline for submissions is March 1, 2015 and selected playwrights will be notified no later than April 15, 2015.
- Running time of script should be 3-20 minutes
- Work submitted must be entirely the property of the author*
- Plays should need only 1-5 actors (doubling is acceptable)
- Theme of the play should be “trash” or should include physical trash in some way (think of a stage with a huge pile of trash)
*Plays must be new works. Adaptations (or any other use of material protected by copyright) must include proof of rights to use source material. Translations will not be accepted.
A non-refundable reader’s fee of $20 must accompany each submission.
Submission guidelines and requirements
- Play must be an original work that has not previously been fully produced. Plays that have had staged readings are eligible. At this time, musicals, TYA scripts, and screenplays will not be accepted.
- Scripts should follow the standard professional play format. All scripts must be submitted electronically in PDF format. Save files as AUTHOR LAST NAME – PLAY TITLE.pdf. (For example: Miller–The Crucible.pdf)
- No reference to the author is permitted in the body of the manuscript – including on the title page.
- Submit electronic entries to: LILAliterary@gmail.com using the subject line: Trash – Play Title.
- Entry fee of $20 must be received in order for a script to be considered. You will receive an invoice via email after submitting your work. Please submit your payment online via Paypal with invoice or send check to the address below. Your work will not be read or considered until payment is received.
PO Box 5221
Madison, WI 53705
Deadlines and notification
- All entries must be submitted by 5:00 PM Central time, on March 1, 2015.
- Selected playwrights will be notified on or before April 15, 2015 by email.